Memory Lane Club

Category: Older People Activities | Author: Shirley He

In May 2014 a consultation took place with the aim to obtain the views of setting up a monthly ‘Memorizing Friendly Club’ which is now the Memory Lane Club at CHIC. The main aims are to enhance and improve memory and provide support to people with memory loss with an appropriate cultural environment. Initially 12 people had expressed an interest to take part among which one person with dementia. Their views were obtained including having the session once a month on a Wednesday afternoon, reminiscing old music, videos and Cantonese opera songs were preferred so they could sing karaoke. Telling and sharing life experience stories were encouraged in this session. So far the service has benefited 37 people. 65%, 24 people live in Manchester areas including City Centre, Rusholme and North Manchester. The other 35%, 13 people live in Greater Manchester including Stockport, Oldham and Salford. Over 65%, 24 people are age over 64. The service also provides a cultural social gathering for people to meet and to chat. We would like to thank Tung Sing for sponsoring us to purchase a karaoke machine for the group in 2014.

2014年5月8日中心安排一項磋商會,是想收集長者們的意見在中心成立一個‘記憶友誼會’。目的是為提供一個合符文化的環境給退智者的支援和改善他們的記憶力。有12 位長者參與磋商會;其中一位是患有痴呆症、一位是照料者、全部是女仕,他們的心聲表示是希望能夠每月有一次聚會、活動有:看懷舊電影、唱粤曲、聽音樂。播放的音樂中希望最好有卡拉OK的設施。2014年的友誼會定於六月五日星期四早上十一時開始。之後,改為每月的第一個星期三下午1時開始。不斷都有新人參予。目前為止有43人到過‘記憶友誼會’。63%(27人)住在曼城各區、37%(16人) 住在大曼城區。64%( 23人)年齡超過65歲。64%(17人) 年齡介乎51-64歲、7%(3人)年齡50歲以下。這個‘記憶友誼會’提供了一個很理想的社交聯誼的地方。我們在此鳴謝您的東昇房屋協會贊助一部卡拉OK機给這個小組。

Memory Lane Club

XHTML ValidCSS Valid